Serving Suggestion: serve with rice
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 4 T. honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 5 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce (available at most Wal-Mart Supercenters)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 T. flour
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix together brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken strips in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips and brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Add the peppers and onions and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken. Simmer uncovered until the sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.