Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Leaving Livingston

Today we are preparing for our journey west to continue. We are headed for southern Arizona. Our plan is to make the trip in two days with a boondock at a Walmart along the way. Yesterday I spent much of the beautiful weather preparing the rig for the drive. We have been here in Livingston for a while, so I thought it would be a good idea to recharge the water softner, silicone all the rubber seals on the slides, door and basement hatches, check the oil, batteries, hydraulic fluid and anti-freeze. I slid the motorcycle back onto the tandem-tow dolly, I'll put the car on this morning. While I was at it, I even gave the rig a quick bath and washed all the windows!

As I said we were here in Livingston for some time (6 weeks) waiting mostly to get Nancy's dental work completed (we are both glad for the end of that saga). During those six weeks we made a lot of friends that we hope to keep in touch with and see again further down the road. Part of us will miss the routine we have become accustomed too, (Luke and Leia will definitely miss the cheerio parties!) Nancy seems a bit more apprehensive about the upcoming journey than usual. While I'll miss the routine that has developed and I'll certainly miss the new friends I've made, I look forward to the journey. I look forward to making more friends and seeing new places. I'm sure that, once the apprehension of leaving, what has become her comfort zone, is overcome by the wonder of discovery, Nancy will be back to looking forward to our next destination as much as I am!

Until then, we'll just fight to keep her mind off it! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I hope you guys have a safe journey. You'll be missed here in Livingston. Hope we meet up again in the future.

    Steve & Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the best!! We'll miss both of you as well!

    I'm certain we will meet up again in the future!

    Until then keep in touch with us via this blog and email!

    Noah

    ReplyDelete