- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded
- 1 (4.5 ounce) package quick cooking long grain and wild rice with seasoning packet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 c. carrots (chopped or sliced)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, onion, carrots and chicken. Bring just to boiling, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Cover and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and flour. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in contents of seasoning packet until mixture is bubbly. Reduce heat to low, then stir in flour mixture by tablespoons, to form a roux. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Add wine. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
- Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.