Monday, January 17, 2011

Burgers???

I'm not sure why but I have been skipping breakfast for the last few days and today was no exception. It was still overcast with a light mist falling this morning when Leia got me up at 6am to take her and Luke out. Normally, Luke is the alarm clock. Leia is usually sleeping soundly on my side of the bed with her feet firmly pressed against Nancy while I cling to the edge of the bed. Luke will usually wake up around 7am, climb off the couch and slink his way into the bedroom. Once there he will gently nose any bare skin I have exposed until I wake up. Nothing says good morning like a cold, wet, large dog nose on warm, bare skin.

The only problem with Big Luke coming that far into the bedroom is that he can't turn around and he can't back out, so it's, "get outta the way daddy, I'm coming up!"

As soon as I sit up, up he comes! There we are, Luke, Leia, Nancy, Ferris, Jeanie and me all at least partially on a queen size bed in the back of the rig.

Today Leia beat Luke to the punch. She started licking my face awake slightly before 6. I pulled on Nancy's robe and out we went. It's a tight fit but as long as I'm careful about bending down to pick up their "business" it works.LOL

For lunch today Nancy decided to make a favorite of hers for us, Black Bean Burgers. Yeah, not a fan. Burger implies meat. Like the Wendys lady said in the eighties, "Where's the beef?" Don't get me wrong, I can eat a turkey burger and like it or a chicken burger....but beans? Nope, not for me. I ate one. I mean I don't want to be rude ;-). Actually, eating the burger isn't that bad. Too me, it's just not that good. And the worst part of a Bean Burger, you taste it for the next 3 hours.

If you generally like veggie burgers, the recipe is below on the blog. I'm not sure how you do it, but if you can, a veggie burger is certainly better for you than a real beef burger and this version has a southwestern flair that would be good if it had beef! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment