- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 50ml mini bottle Absolute vodka
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 c. Kraft Parmesan cheese
- 1 T Badia Gourmet Blend Italian Seasoning (or any Italian Seasoning)
- 5 links sweet (or hot) Italian sausage
- Bring a skillet with approx. 1" of water to a boil and add sausage. Cook for approx 20 minutes total, turning sausage at the 10 min. point. Remove sausage and let cool.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Slice sausage into oblong slices and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil. Add garlic, Kraft parmesan cheese, Italaian seasoning and red pepper. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add vodka and cream and bring to boil. Add sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add pasta, toss for 1 minute. Top with fresh grated parmesan and serve!